I was tagged by cosy! I find this so funny because I just sat down to renew my blogness with inspiration from another of cosy's posts. So I'll do both!
Seven random things about me:
1. I started out my university degree with a major in English. When I started my first year at Mt. A they required all students to have a quick look at all the faculties. One of my stops was at an introduction to Art History. Art History? I never knew that a person could legitimately study art at university. I fell in love and never looked back.
2. I can't eat green, lime flavoured candies. When I was 5, I stole the bottle of Flintstone vitamins and dealt them out to my brother and the neighbourhood kids. I ate all the green ones. We were taken to the hospital. To this day, "green" candies turn my stomach.
3. I can't do somersaults. Not at all. Never have, and never will. But I can do cartwheels.
4. I am an Austrian citizen. I speak basic German.
5. I wanted to grow up to be a veterinarian. I even worked at an animal hospital when I was in high school.
6. I am still friends with one of my friends from Elementary School. We met in Grade 3. We have the same birthday. We have been friends for over 20 years! And for those who don't believe in astrology - she and I both have daughters, born 6 weeks apart.
7. I have had 4 sets of braces. The first ones at age 9 to pull back my Bugs Bunny front teeth. The second set were right after the first and the straighted up everything else. The third set was just after high school to realign everything in preparation for jaw surgery. The last set was last year. My front teeth were starting to move and I didn't want to end up like Bugs again!
And now for the second list:
Bold the things you have ever knit
Italics the ones you plan to do sometime
Leave the rest
Knitting with metal wire
Knitting with camel yarn
Knitting with silk
Moebius band knitting
Participating in a KAL
Drop stitch patterns
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fibre yarn
Domino Knitting (modular knitting)
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Two end knitting
Knitting with soy yarn
Knitting with circular needles
Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Designing knitted garments
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
Publish a knitting book
Teaching a child to knit
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
Knitting to make money
Knitting with alpaca
Fair Isle knitting
Dying with plant colours
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…)
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items)
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn
Knitting with dpns
Holiday related knitting
Teaching a male how to knit
Knitting for a living
Knitting with cotton
Knitting two socks on two circulars simultaneously
Knitting with wool
Knitting with beads
Long Tail CO
Knitting and purling backwards
Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegating yarn
Knitting with cashmere
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
Knitting on a loom
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets
Knitting with dog/cat hair
Knitting in public