Friday, March 16, 2007

Coffee & Wine

Well, grapes, really.

We have been making smoothies for breakfast lately. We used up all the blueberries in our freezer, but found some frozen concord grapes hiding underneath them. They reminded me of the organic concord grape popsicles that stain B's teeth and tongue. So why not wool? I boiled up the grapes and smashed them to smithereens. I soaked only half the skein in the pot. I really like the purple! The other colour came from coffee. I was hoping for a darker chocolate brown, but this caramel colour is nice too. So many non-toxic things to dye with! I must find more....


This skein of mohair soaked in the leftover grape juice and turned a very light shade of lilac. Very pretty.

1 comment:

cosymakes said...

LOVE the mohair! seems like you're having a lot of fun.