Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Reasons

I realized today that it has been almost 2 months since I last posted. It seems like 2 days. I really don't remember the last three months. Why, you ask? I am pregnant and have been so incredibly sick. Not pukey. Just sea sick, all day. Tired. Cranky. Brain dead. I really don't remember what we did for the month of July. No memories at all. If I could just be a mother hen and sit on the couch all day I would be a happy camper. Supposedly this will all end in a week or so when the first trimester is over. Today is a really bad day, can you tell?

I haven't been knitting much. A bonnet here and there. Started some socks for Miss B. I am even too tired to knit. I never thought I'd say that.

I need to start spinning again. I have 4, 1.5 pound bags of grey corridale roving hanging out in my bedroom. They stared out as stinky fleeces from a farmer friend in the Okanagan. I sent them to the Island to be processed by a woman who has the proper machinery. We made our summer traveling go in the direction of the wool. Luckily, she saved the carding for when we arrived. We got to see the 19th centrury machine do it's thing. It was so beautiful to see the lumpy wool go in and come out in slinky roving. Here are some pictures:




I would love to do this job one day. Play with fibre all day long. Wash it, dry it, card it. So simple, but so satisfying. I didn't want to leave her workshop. It was so much fun. Thanks, Anna!

Other news - I got into Ravelry! I haven't waited that long, but that is probably because I signed up early. It seems like a great concept, but I need to explore it more. I have trouble posting here!

No back-to-school for us. We are homeschooling. Once I feel better I hope to get more of a routine going. More projects. More posting. More creativity. It is coming....

1 comment:

Anna said...

That looks so rad Ally! I love it.
You will start feeling better soon! And then it will all be a memory. Rest and feel better.
I always look forward to you posting :-)

Anna