Friday, November 10, 2006

Hazards of the Job

I found a beautiful dress with the price tags still on in our co-op's "share pile", but it was an non-colour of boring beige. Luckily the tag (in Polish) read that it was part cotton and part nylon. The dyer in me jumped for joy. So I broke out the dyes and decided on a light fushia. I made an immersion bath and plunged the presoaked dress in. All was going well - I didn't splash and the dress was absorbing the colour in a way that was better than I had imagined. The disaster happened when I took my gloves off. Two fingers must have had small holes because I had two fushia fingers. It took about a week to wear off. Here is a photo a day after the damage. I'll have to photograph the dress later.

And...I got a new camera. I had two digital cameras, one for my professional photography work and one portable one that died on the Italy trip a few months ago. The camera people said that there was goo inside that glued the lens inside and the cost to fix it was close enough to the cost of a new camera. The new camera is waterprooof - we can take it swimming in the summer. And no more goo can make it into the lens as it is sealed.

1 comment:

Louisa said...

Pretty fingers, Ally! Holes in the gloves happen to everybody on occasion. Usually right before you're going out somewhere where it's important to look your best!