Monday, November 27, 2006

The SNB Capelet


I loved knitting this capelet, even though it was my first attempt at lace. Knitted lace is so amazing in that the odd instructions turn out to be a lovely pattern in the end. But I guess that is true for all knitted projects, non? It is frustrating at first. It took awhile to get the sequence under control. I used some beautiful handspun Shades of Narnia wool. Luckily I had just enough to finish the whole pattern. I wish I had made it a few sections longer, but ther ewas no more yarn. It was perfect as a cover-up for my borther's wedding in August. It was one of those freak August days were it rained, and up on the mountain where he got married it was foggy and freezing cold. My spidery capelet kept me snug and warm.

Don't you love the model? I do not have any wedding photos of me wearing it...

No comments: